Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Only 3 More Days Until Next Year...or if you include today... 4 More Days

Yesterday #1 son helped me decorate most of the rest of the cut-out brown sugar cookies that I made for Christmas. Christmas just isn't Christmas without the fine artistry of cookie decorating. I plan to pack up most of the cookies he decorated so he can bring them back to Minnesota and his dorm.

I have to go out shopping today. Grocery shopping. Despite the leftovers from our Christmas dinner, I still need bread. HTP wants some sweetener for his coffee too. The pink stuff.

I suppose I should be counting down the days until my daughter leaves for boot camp. She ships out on January 3rd. I've been familiarizing myself with some of the technical terms involved with this and the training schedules. I've been assured that her boyfriend will keep us updated on her progress and get us her mailing address as soon as it's available. I won't be able to write to her until she's been there for a week. My blogs may change during this time so they can act as letters to be printed and sent to her. Letters are very important to the recruits. She's not a young kid like most of the recruits. This isn't her first time away from home. She hasn't lived with HTP and me for years. I imagine she'll feel more homesick for her boyfriend, her cats, her horse, her bed and her truck. Regardless, I plan to send her letters on a daily basis. If nothing else, she'll be able to share these letters with her fellow recruits. I make full use of my "funnies" that good friends have sent over the years. I may also print up pictures of her in full synchronized swimming regalia to attach during her scheduled swimming quals. (Insert evil laugh here).

Murphyism of the Day

The Sagan Fallacy

To say a human being is nothing but molecules is like saying a Shakespearean play is nothing but words.

No comments: