Thursday, December 23, 2004

2 Days Until Christmas

#1 son is here. His plane was delayed in Las Vegas for an hour so he didn't get here until 4 AM. I actually haven't seen him yet. He's in bed. I've seen his laundry though. I'm starting on my second load as I write this. I'll make breakfast as soon as he starts stirring...whenever that may be. I've got my coffee and I ate a couple of pizzelle to stop my stomach from complaining about the coffee.

It froze last night. I dragged out my sheets and even an old tablecloth and danced around the yard last night covering what I could. I danced around the yard again this morning and uncovered everything when the temperatures rose to a balmy 32.1°F We wouldn't want these plants thinking it's time to bud out for spring. It is winter afterall and it looks like this week I'll be spending a lot of time trying to save plants. Last year was cold. This year is colder. It's only 35.2°F right now. So much for the warm weather that #1 son was looking forward to enjoying. Oh well, it's warmer here then what he left behind in Minnesota.

I still have shopping to do today. Just a little. Mainly, #1 son has to do some shopping. He hasn't had a chance to do much shopping as yet. Finals and the lack of space for gifts in his luggage. He has a practice at 5 PM with the brass ensemble at church. I'll take him shopping after that. I dread the thought of this last minute shopping nightmare. The Nightmare Before Christmas isn't just a movie (a great movie by the way), it's also having to co-exist with frantic, last minute shoppers at a mall.

Murphyism of the Day

Old Grey Frog's Commentary on Holiday Preparations

1. Just when you thought you'd sent out all your Christmas cards, you will receive a card from someone who wasn't on your Christmas card list.
2. If you print out 10 more Christmas letters then you think you'll need, you'll need 11.
3. If you buy 10 more Christmas stamps then you think you'll need, you'll need 11.
4. Just when you thought you've done all your Christmas shopping, someone will surprise you with a gift and now you have to go out to the mall and find something special for them because...well, because that's what you have to do.
5. You never have as much wrapping paper as you think you have so you either have to go out and buy more or you bought more and now you have to find a place to store the remainder for next year.
6. You never have as many ribbons as you think you have so you either have to go out and buy more or you bought more and now you have to find a place to store the excessive amount for next year.
7. Good Grief! Where did all these gift tags come from? I think they're multiplying! And now you have to find a place to store them and hopefully remember not to buy more next year.
8. No matter how many cookies you bake, it will never be enough but it'll always be more then you "need".
9. It takes less time to decorate a house for Christmas then it takes to undecorate a house after Christmas.
10. Your neighbor will always do a better job of decorating then you do.

No comments: