Sunday, December 19, 2004

7 Days Until Christmas

HTP and had supper last night at the neighbors' house. Smoked turkey and all the fixings. Even pumpkin pie. Everything was wonderful. Just before dessert we all went outside and enjoyed the neighborhood golf cart parade complete with Christmas lights and music. I wish I had pictures to show. It really is too hard for me to describe in a blog. Only a picture would do the parade justice. Or maybe even a short video. Sorry. We didn't take videos of it either. You'll just have to use your imaginations.

I had to be at the church early this morning. The orchestra played at the first two services and the contemporary group played for the third service. I play with both the contemporary group and orchestra. My lower lip looks like I've had collegan injections to give me that pouty look. I don't play again until Christmas Eve. I think my lip will have recovered its normal shape by then.

My turkey for Christmas dinner is thawing in the refrigerator. I stopped and shopped at the grocery store on the way home from church and have all the supplies I need for making "the fixings" to go with the turkey. I promised HTP that we would keep some leftovers this time. I also stopped at the framers to pick up some artwork that I'd brought to them for framing. My Dad finally gave me some of his artwork this summer. It's all framed and waiting for me to hang.

Murphyism of the Day

Reverend Chichester's Laws

1. If the weather is extremely bad, church attendance will be down.

2. If the weather is extremely good, church attendance will be down.

3. If the bulletins are in short supply, church attendance will exceed all expectations.

No comments: