Friday, December 10, 2004

OK. Just a quick blog. HTP decided to upgrade my computer to XP. He started this project right after breakfast. I finally have my wounded computer back. It works but I lost all my addresses, all my favorites, all my old emails, every single one of my programs. You get the drift. It's been a total disaster that took HTP the whole day to fix. I'll never be able to recover my old emails. I was able to reconstruct my address book from HTP's computer. I was able to find my passwords. Most of them. HTP backed up some of my emails so I might get some of them back. I started the reconstruction of my Favorites. And on top of all this...I have to get used to XP. You'd think I'd learn. HTP's wiped out my system memory every time he's meddled with it. Next time I plan to throw myself, armed, in front of my computer to protect it until I receive a 100% guarantee that he'll back up everything onto a CD...or maybe several CD's.

On a lighter note, while I waited to get my computer back, I made really wonderful sugarless brownies. And the sugarless Jan Hagel that I made yesterday tastes great too.

Murphyism of the Day

Old Grey Frog's Laws on Computer Upgrades

1. If a techie decides to upgrade your computer and assures you that it'll just take a few of minutes, thirty minutes max, it will take an entire day...or more.

2. The one time you fail to back up vital data on your computer you will wish you had because all will be lost.

No comments: