Monday, December 27, 2004

Only 4 More Days Until Next Year...or if you include today... 5 More Days

I had such good luck downloading my last screensaver, I thought I'd get a new, non-holiday screensaver to replace the old one. Bad move. HTP had to clean up and clear off the mess this program created on my computer. Yuck! Thank goodness for Spybot and HTP. All the nasty stuff is now gone...I hope.

I'm not the only one with computer problems. #1 son's hard drive gave up the ghost. It's under warranty so the company will ship out a new hard drive but we're not sure if he'll be able to recover any of the data.

As I sit here in front of my computer, I can't seem to figure out what to write about. Should I write about the tsunami that hit Sri Lanka, Thailand, and other surrounding coastal areas? Tens of thousands of lives lost. Terrorist attacks and extremism? Dare I hope that this was it? Nothing else could possibly go wrong? It all kind of makes airport delays and lost luggage pale in comparison.

Murphyism of the Day

The Reliability Principle

The difference between the Laws of Nature and Murphy's Law is that with the Laws of Nature you can count on things screwing up the same way every time.

No comments: