Friday, December 24, 2004

1 Days Until Christmas....Christmas Eve!


'Twas the morning before Christmas, when all through the house not a creature was stirring, except the dogs and me but everyone else is still sleeping.The stockings were hung by the chimney (OK...I don't have a chimney because I don't have a fireplace so I hung them on the breakfast bar) with care,in hopes that St. Nicholas soon would be there.

#1 son is nestled all snug in my guestroom,while visions of brown sugar cookies, and computer games dance in his head. And HTP is catching a few more winks, and I am sipping coffee and blogging. We're just resting our brains for the day's activities to come .

When over in the laundry room, there arose such a whining ,I sprang from my computer chair to see what was the matter. Away to the laundry room I flew like a flash,tore open the kennel door, and took the dogs out for a walk.

The sun shone down on we objects below. The fountain frozen over from last night's record lows, when, what to my wondering eyes should appear,but a miniature sleigh and eight tiny reindeer. One of our neighbors went all out this year.

I raced with my dogs, so lively and quick,I knew if I didn't I'd be chilled to the bone. More rapid than eagles, I raced with my dogs ,and I whistled and shouted and called them by name:

"Now Mancha! Now Muggsy! On Mancha, on Muggsy! I whispered. Hurry up and do your thing because it's really cold out here and I hate cold weather and you don't have to check out every last thing.

As dry leaves that before the wild hurricane fly,when they meet with an obstacle, mount to the sky so up and down the block my dogs and I flew. The dogs in the lead and me with my...droppings bag. And so we returned to the warmth of our house and Mancha and Muggsy are curled up in their new basket watching me as I blog.

And then, in a twinkling, I thought I heard HTP waking...nope, he just turned over in his sleep.

Oh well...more time to blog before breakfast must be cooked. It's steaks on the grill for supper tonight after church. I play for the 4 PM service and #1 son plays for the 6 PM service. It'll be a good long day.

"Happy Christmas Eve to all, and to all a good day!"

Murphyism of the Day

Harrison's Postulate

For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism.

No comments: