Friday, December 17, 2004

I have had it with all this Spam! In an abundance of caution, I created a rule that would automatically transfer all Spam to a designated folder so I could glance at it before I deleted it. I was afraid that some important email from a friend would be deleted if I didn't sort it out from all the Spam. My server used to have problems figuring out which of my emails were Spam and which were "funnies" sent by friends. In the past three months, they seem to have corrected this problem. As a matter of fact, some Spam, unidentified as Spam, slips through and arrives in my In Box. But the amount of Spam that arrives each day has increased dramatically. 'Tis the Season!' These guys are frantic to sell stuff. Does anyone actually read this garbage? Some of it is really sick...and that's just the stuff in the subject line. I don't actually open this crap and XP blocks all but the words. Unfortunately, Outlook Express tends to open up a part of all my letters as I highlight and delete. Yuck! I created a new rule. All my spam is now directed immediately to the delete file. I still have to empty the garbage (read spam) but I don't plan to read the subject line anymore as a matter of fact, I don't even plan to see what I'm deleting. If this means that I miss some "funnies" from my friends, well, I'm sorry. I apologize in advance but it's gotten so I feel yucky just having to sort through this disgusting stuff. Old Grey Frog runs off to wash her hands.

Murphyism of the Day

Drazen's Law of Restitution

The time it takes to rectify a situation is inversely proportional to the time it to do the damage.

Example #1

It takes longer to glue a vase together than it took to break it.

Example #2

It takes longer to lose x number of pounds than to gain x number of pounds.

No comments: