Tuesday, December 07, 2004

We had our belated Thanksgiving dinner yesterday. My only excuse for not blogging. I made stuffing (without celery because no-one seems to like celery in the stuffing but HTP) and stuffed a 24-pound turkey. It took 7 hours to cook our turkey but it was worth it. I made all the traditional side-dishes. Green bean casserole, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes and gravy, and cranberry sauce. My daughter and her husband took home all the left-overs. I suppose I should have kept some of it but I didn't. HTP won't be happy. He loves left-over Thanksgiving treats. I do still have an apple pie. We were all too "stuffed" to have dessert and I forgot to send it home with my daughter. Oh well, maybe I'll bring it over to her later today when we go shopping.

I addressed all my Christmas cards yesterday and HTP took them to the post office to mail out. I'm told the post office was really crowded. There are no lines anymore but they have a number system. Unfortunately, there is no place to sit down as you wait your turn. He grabbed a number, 76, and then looked up at the board and saw that they were currently waiting on number 43. Anyway, since he mainly needed Christmas stamps he saw that he could buy some in a machine by the front door. He bought 60 of the stamps before he realized that the machine was screwed up and he ended up with 60 flag stamps instead of 60 Christmas stamps. Thankfully, he saw someone come from the backroom to refill the machine and he was able to trade his 60 flag stamps for Santa ornament stamps. He spent his time waiting for his number 76 to come up, putting stamps on the Christmas cards. He still had to wait his turn because we have a couple of cards that we send out-of-country and they need special attention. Oh well, at least that's one more item crossed off my "TO DO" list.

I still have to do some baking and I have that scarf that I'm knitting for #1 son to finish. And I need to go out shopping and then wrap presents. Oh well, I still have time but I want to send some cookies to my daughter in Omaha...and I haven't even baked them yet. I'm not planning on mailing them out at the post office. I'll UPS them. I want them to get there before Christmas...or at least before she has to report to Parris Island after the first of the year.

Murphyism of the Day

Primary Rule of History

History doesn't repeat itself--historians merely repeat each other.

No comments: