Thursday, December 09, 2004

I'm taking a break. I've turned off the Christmas music because it was getting on my nerves. I'll turn it back on when my coffee break is over. Thank goodness I still have hot coffee left from this morning's pot. There are two batches of brown sugar cookies baked, cooled and in a tin. I'll decorate some of them after supper so I can send them to my daughter in Omaha. She can't have them all. I love her but I think the rest of the family and some of my friends would kill me if I gave all my brown sugar cookies to one person. As it is, I'm not at all sure they'll make it to Omaha in recognizable pieces. Oh well, it's the thought that counts. After the dishes are washed (washing as I blog), I'll bake my Jan Hagel. Six batches. Two batches of cinnamon Jan Hagel, two batches of almond Jan Hagel, one batch of sugarless cinnamon Jan Hagel, and one batch of sugarless almond Jan Hagel. I have a long list of cookies that I need to make but I only have so much energy in one given day. Right now I'm exhausted. Hopefully I'll have more energy in an hour. I need to make Russian teacakes (with and without sugar), peanut brittle, fruitcake bars (Yes Virginia, some people do happen to like fruitcake and why I feel I have to apologize for this fact, I have no idea...did you realize that my spell checker doesn't even have fruitcake in its lexicon?), fudge, meringue cookies, and sugarless brownies. I'll have to tackle this list on another day. HTP is out shopping for some of the ingredients I need right now. He hates it when I play Christmas music. Maybe I'll see if he can bring home take-out for supper?

Murphyism of the Day

Merkin's Maxim

When in doubt, predict that the trend will continue.

No comments: