Wednesday, December 08, 2004

I shopped until I dropped and I still need to get more stuff. My daughter and I visited CostPlus World Market first because I needed some pretty bottles for my Blackberry Schnapps and my Raspberry Schnapps. They need to be filtered and I need something to put the schnapps in after I do that. After that we walked through the closest mall, Mall #1. We walked over the entire square footage of Mall #1. We were able to check three items off our list. We decided that we needed to go to another mall. A larger mall. So we toddled off to Mall #2. We didn't skip lunch. We each enjoyed a salad and roll at The Wildflower Bread Company. After lunch, we hobbled around Mall #2 and found out that one of the purchases that we made at Mall #1 was cheaper at Mall #2. Fortunately we were able to return that purchase at Mall #2 instead of having to trek back to Mall #1. We repurchased the one item at a cheaper price and bought one more thing. Then I had to go to Target to return something that I thought I needed to buy but later found out that I didn't. It was there that I was able to do most of my shopping. I returned my daughter to her apartment at around 5:30 PM. My feet were throbbing but I still wanted to check and see if I could find a couple more items at a different Target that was on my way home. They'd run out of these items at the first Target. I found one of the items but not the other. Oh well. I suppose it wasn't meant to be. By this time it was 7 PM and HTP was home alone...starving. I stopped at the Albertson's to buy fried chicken for a late supper. The chicken looked greasy and old. I decided to buy lean hamburger instead...and hamburger buns. I didn't buy tomatoes. I refuse to pay $3.49/lb. for tomatoes. Who would? Even if I had money to burn, they weren't even ripe. I limped into the house at around 7:30 PM and found that my wonderful, beautiful, thoughtful HTP had done the laundry...most of it. I had started it in the morning. Wow! He really deserved his treat. A real, honest to goodness, pan-fried, hamburger. HTP even cooked the hamburgers while I folded a load of laundry that was just ready in the dryer. MMMM. Real hamburgers. Better then any restaurant! Now I just have to figure out what to do with the rest of these onion buns.

Cool-Deck Update

HTP and I noticed a fine white powder showing up all over the surface of our new cool-deck. We'd never seen anything like it before. We're veteran cool-deck owners so something didn't look right. Today we called our landscaper who still hadn't sent a crew out to move our patio furniture into place. He called the cool-deck people and they came out to check out the problem. Apparently, the rain and the cold weather caused some problems. The first layer of the application failed to set up and now it's leaching up through the top application. Argh! It's just as well that they haven't moved my furniture back. They are going to send someone out on Saturday to reapply the top application. They claim that the lower layer has cured and won't need to be reapplied. I hope they're right. I don't want to have to deal with snowy white glittery powder on my cool-deck. It's bad enough that I have to deal with duststorm dust blowing in from the desert.

Murphyism of the Day

Dunlap's Laws of Physics

1. Fact is solidified opinion.
2. Facts may weaken under extreme heat and pressure.
3. Truth is elastic.

No comments: