Tuesday, December 21, 2004

5 Days Until Christmas

All the wrapping is done, thanks to HTP. Just as my energy started flagging, HTP rode to the rescue. He wrapped all the rest of the presents. All I had to do was pick out the wrapping paper, address the tags and peel and stick the bows. This morning, I cleared off the dining room table and now it's all decorated for Christmas. After the wrapping was done, I put away all the wrapping paper. The guest room is cleared and ready for occupancy (#1 son). I actually feel like making Pizzelle and peanut brittle now. These are the last two things on my baking list. HTP even offered to help me. I feel like I just might be ready for Christmas. Almost. This morning I was beginning to feel suffocated and overwhelmed and now I feel renewed energy. You gotta love a husband who knows when to step in and help out.

I finished bottling the Schnapps and the Liqueurs last night. I have to get another bottle or two. One of the ones that I purchased at CostPlus broke. I'm using a canning jar right now for the remainder of the liqueur. I sweetened some of the liqueur with simple sugar syrup and the rest with honey syrup. The liqueur has to rest now for a few days. It will be ready for sampling by Christmas but I imagine it will be even better on New Year's Eve.

Murphyism of the Day

Mollison's Bureaucracy Hypothesis

If an idea can survive a bureaucratic review and be implemented, it wasn't worth doing.

No comments: