Sunday, November 21, 2004

It's Sunday but it isn't really sunny outside. It looks like we might get a bit of rain. Tomorrow too. We'll have to call the landscaper and make sure he delays our cool-deck guy for a week or so judging from the forecast.

I spent the morning at church today. The orchestra met for its first practice for the Christmas season. And then I had to quickly go over the music that I had to play with the contemporary group at the late service. Good thing I'm not too bad at sight-reading. I have to go back to church in an hour or so for scheduled practice with the contemporary group...I haven't seen this music as yet. I shouldn't complain because some people I know are still at church and won't get a break at all. At least I could drive home and make some lunch.

On my way home from church, I stopped at the Home Depot to buy a couple of geraniums and another Malibu spotlight. The geranium slips I brought home from The Lake haven't responded to my rooting efforts. These new geraniums are kinda neat. They have star-shaped leaves and star-shaped blooms. I bought them to put in a couple of pots outside near the fountain. They're supposed to be perennials in warm climates but I don't think the growers were thinking of the amount of warmth we get here in Arizona during the summer when they made this reference.

Murphyism of the Day

Cohen's Law

What really matters is the name that you are able to impose upon the facts--not the facts themselves.

No comments: