Sunday, November 07, 2004

HTP and I were supposed to attend a block party this afternoon but.... Should I use rain as an excuse? It definitely has been drizzly off and on all day but I cannot tell a lie. Well, I can but it's Sunday and one must make at least some attempt to obey the teachings of one's youth on a Sunday. I did go to church today because I didn't go to church last Sunday. I should have gone to church last Sunday but I didn't feel like going to church last Sunday. I didn't feel like going to church this morning either but the Pastor and his wife stopped by last week to see us and welcome us back. They live two blocks from us. I have a feeling I'll be seeing a lot more of them. That's OK. I just don't plan to go to church every Sunday and they aren't the types to expect it...I hope. Anyway, HTP and I just didn't feel like dragging out a folding table and chairs and hauling them down to the end of the block along with food to share. Next time. I promise. HTP and I aren't the most social-minded individuals but we'll try. At least we'll try while we're here in Arizona but as soon as we get back to The Lake we'll go back to being hermits.

Tomorrow we meet with the landscaper again. It'll be nice to have a quiet place in our fenced backyard to get away from people for a while. It sure is noisy here. Traffic. Planes. People. Right now we have a place to sit outside and a muddy mess. I'm aiming for a tropical, secret garden look, no grass but with a spot for my citrus trees and container gardening. Low maintenance figures into the plan as well. Anyway, it looks good on paper.

Murphyism of the Day

Bralek's Rule of Success

Trust only those who stand to lose as much as you when things go wrong.

No comments: