Saturday, March 23, 2013

Heart Walk 2013 - Me, Kylee, and Linda

Word of the Day

Traccident - Any injury or mishap occurring while participating in a track and field event.


Kylee and I picked up my friend Linda this morning at 7:30 AM and we all drove to downtown Phoenix to join a team of Linda's co-workers from Edward Jones for a 5K Heart Walk. There were LOTS of people! LOTS of other teams. The walk took about an hour. I think we could have gone faster but we found ourselves trapped in a sea of people for the first mile and had to duck and scoot to find open spots. The second and third miles went lots faster. Kylee was a big hit. Pictures were taken but...not by me.  A friend of Linda's took the one above.  Instead of looking pretty and photogenic, Kylee decided she was tired of all the standing around and tried to herd me.  Other pictures were taken that I'm hoping someone will share.

For some reason, I've felt incredibly tired after I got home. I think it may be the allergy medicine that I took this morning. I haven't been sneezing since I took the medicine and it was supposed to be non-drowsy but...zzzzz.

Random Quote of the Day

I don't generally feel anything until noon; then it's time for my nap.

Bob Hope (1903 - 2003)

No comments: