Sunday, March 24, 2013

10K Hike from 2012


Word of the Day

Tractionate - The act by which a creature without apparent feet will move from place to place, such as with a snail; this only applies to creatures that can move across walls and/or upside down. Note: Snakes don't tractionate - they slither.


C25K Status Report

Despite my 5K Heart Walk yesterday, I decided that I still HAD to still do my C25K workout, Week 2 Day 3, even though, technically, Sunday is the start of a brand new week and I did get a nice healthy workout yesterday. But, it wasn't a C25K workout so.... I also decided to blame the fact that my right knee and my shins hurt a bit on my new jogging shoes. I suppose I should have gone to a jogging store to buy shoes instead of a Famous Footwear store. Oh well... I didn't have this problem with my light-weight hiking/walking shoes so I went back to those this morning. The hiking/walking shoes have LOTS more cushioning. Kylee and I started out at around 7:30 AM and it felt really cold. I didn't check the temperature before we headed out but I was very happy to complete that first five minute brisk walk and start the initial 90 second jog. By the time Kylee and I got home from our workout, I felt quite comfortable. Kylee, on the other hand, seemed to be eager to continue on for a full 10K. It's humbling how much energy she has trapped in that little body. As for me, I'm just hoping that my knees and shins improve before Week 3, Day 1.

Random Quote of the Day

If I have learnt anything, it is that life forms no logical patterns. It is haphazard and full of beauties which I try to catch as they fly by, for who knows whether any of them will ever return?

Margot Fonteyn (1919 - 1991)






No comments: