Saturday, March 02, 2013

My Dragonfly at The Lake















Word of the Day

Throatee - Term describing the style of only growing the hair on ones face from below the chin throughout the neck and shaving all other facial hair.

I spent the morning at church, helping to clean up spilled wax on and around the altar, polishing silver, and getting communion set up for tomorrow. I brought home a full case of empty wine bottles that the altar guild has been saving for me. I'll need to soak off the labels before I can use them for the Limoncello, Arancello, and Pompelmcello. Which reminds me, I'll have to design a label for the Pompelmcello. Oh well...I've got time.

On the way home from my morning at the church, I stopped to get HTP's car washed. He asked me to take care of it for him because he doesn't get much time to do that sort of thing. It needed it. As I pulled out of the driveway this morning, I realized that I haven't driven the Chevy SS since I've been back here in Arizona. I had to adjust EVERYTHING!

I stopped to get some free eggs and some free potato chips at Fry's (one of our local grocery stores) and pick up some bacon and breakfast sausages after I finished up at the church. You can't beat free and both the bacon and sausage were on sale. I still need to stop and pick up some milk at another grocery store but I decided to hold off on that until tomorrow when I come home from church.

HTP and I are going to meet HTP's brother and his wife for dinner tonight. I need to get my hair washed and doll up a bit. We're going to an Italian restaurant that's supposed to be good, somewhere halfway between our house here (way south) and their house up in Scottsdale (way north).

Random Quote of the Day

To say something nice about yourself, this is the hardest thing in the world for people to do. They'd rather take their clothes off.

Nancy Friday

No comments: