Saturday, March 16, 2013

T-Square and Sis



Word of the Day

Tirequill - A small rubbery prostrusion on new tires.


I just got a phone call...wrong number but I picked it up because the Caller ID showed both my Sis' and my Dad's first names. Weird. My thought as I picked up the phone was, "When did Sis put my folk's phone account in both her and my Dad's name? But...as I said, it was a wrong number....but....still really weird and odd.


C25K Status Report

I completed Week 1, Day 3 of C25K. Yes, and yeah me! I've completed Week 1 of the program and will start Week 2...Tuesday. I received my new head phones that #1 DIL recommended in the mail last night so I got to use them this morning. They worked great! I also got to check out my new music which I attached to the program. Queen. Kylee and I left the house at around 7:15 AM. I discovered that you can pause the program. Thank goodness because the sound on my Kindle was adjusted WAY too loud and I would have been deafened by the end of the run. I love Queen but.... The music did help me set a faster pace so I covered more mileage....and Kylee and I both survived to run again. We did meet several people and dogs on our way but I was able to avoid them and any confrontations by crossing to the other side of the streets.


I had to be at church this morning at 9 AM, so the only time I could get my run in today was early. It would have been too hot to run after altar guild. I thought about doing the run on Sunday morning but...same issue....I have to be at church tomorrow at 8:45 AM. So...

HTP and I decided to have our special St. Patrick's Day meal this evening instead of tomorrow since I'll be at Bingo tomorrow and won't be making dinner. I put two corned beef briskets in the oven at noon. We'll be enjoying cole slaw (HTP doesn't like boiled cabbage), corned beef, and red potatoes in a garlic butter sauce. Oh....and Irish beer. La Fh`eile P`adraig Sona Daoibh!
Happy St. Patrick's Day to you all!

Random Quote of the Day

As they say in Ireland:…. "may you be forty years in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead".

- An old Irish proverb




No comments: