Saturday, March 30, 2013

Mr. T


Word of the Day

Salbaktry - The practice of saluting to make a person salute back. Often taken advantage of by persons in the military; similar to bowbaktry.


I had my first class (gun maintenance)for my Mosquito this morning. It was a REALLY good class. I learned how to field dress my Mosquito, take it apart and clean it and take apart my magazine clips to clean. And, since there were only two people in the class, me and another guy, there was LOTS of individual attention, plus, we got to ask LOTS of questions about our guns that had nothing to do with gun maintenance. I now know how to load ammo into my magazines, how to chamber a round, how to clear a round that is chambered, and how to display my gun at the gun range to show that there is no rounds in the chamber.

After watching this poor guy breaking down his gun for cleaning, I was SOOOO glad that I picked the Sig Sauer Mosquito. Very easy to take apart, clean, and oil. And to think that, according to the instructor, we really shouldn't have to do this all that often. However, I was told that my gun will need more cleaning because it's a .22. Messy, messy. The instructor recommended that I should have a total of four clips for my gun. I purchased two more today. I also purchased a couple of brass cleaning and oiling tips for my cleaning rod. I was told that the plastic ones tend to break off and are hard to remove from the rod when they do. I also signed up for the Concealed Carry permit class. The instructor told me that he'd work with me after my basic firearm class at the range for the firing part of the class and then I can go in, take the class, get finger-printed and I'll have my permit. I was told that there are 30 states that have reciprocity agreements with Arizona for Cancealed Carry so I figure I should just go ahead and get the permit before new laws make it impossible. I probably won't need it but.... It's not paranoia if they really are after you.

I tried to keep off my feet yesterday as much as possible. Unfortunately, that wasn't all that long since I spent most of the day filtering and bottling Arancello and Limoncello. I ended up with 7 bottles of Arancello and 20 bottles of Limoncello. It took me most of the day. I still need to filter and bottle the Pompelmcello but that won't be for another couple of weeks. I was in major pain by the time I got all the bottles labeled and the kitchen cleaned up. Bottling the 'cello's is a very messy, and sticky business. I'll be taking over half of what I made to The Lake with me to give to family. The rest of what I made will remain here. I'll have to make Arancello again next fall but there should be plenty of Limoncello to last me several years.

Random Quote of the Day

A good name, like good will, is got by many actions and lost by one.

- Lord Jeffery


No comments: