Sunday, March 03, 2013

Indian Clay Art at The Lake















Word of the Day


Tickle jig - The jerky wincing dance that one (especially a child) does when they expect to be or are being tickled.

Altar Guild this morning was a bit of a challenge. Wow! Thankfully, the gal that was in charge of the first service helped me set up the second service. We set up for 240 people but, then, we decided, after discovering that today was First Communion Sunday AND we had a baptism, we added enough to serve 280 people. After noticing that the sanctuary was becoming PACKED, with the ushers bringing chairs in from wherever they could find them, I asked for a head count. We had 387 people. Of course, not everyone would be taking communion but I was beginning to panic. Thankfully, I only had to fill one more tray, Pastor Lee giving the usher the high sign that everything would be good after I added another communion tray of wine and an additional sleeve of the wafers. This was the first time that I was expected to handle the communion on my own. I'm learning. I'm also thankful that I had help with the clean-up afterwards. I "think" I could handle a normal service. Today wasn't normal. With everyone taking family pictures up in the front of the church, getting things ready for the next service was "interesting".

Random Quote of the Day

Mountains inspire awe in any human person who has a soul. They remind us of our frailty, our unimportance, of the briefness of our span upon this earth. They touch the heavens, and sail serenely at an altitude beyond even the imaginings of a mere mortal.

Elizabeth Aston, The Exploits & Adventures of Miss Alethea Darcy, 2005


No comments: