Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Mr. T and Ms. En

Word of the Day

Transvert - A psychological type that alternates between introversion and extraversion and combines features of both types.


C25K Status Report

Kylee and I finished Week 3, Day 1. My knee was still hurting before my jog. I did some research and apparently this is a problem for people who jog on hard surfaces like concrete and blacktop. I jog on concrete sidewalks and blacktop streets, ergo, I shouldn't use traditional jogging shoes. I needed more padding. So, switching back to my light-weight hiking shoes was probably a good idea. I purchased a knee support yesterday and jogged with that. I'm not sure if it'll help or not but I'm not experiencing any really awful pain in my right knee and there doesn't look like there's as much swelling. It felt good to take the support off after the run. For some reason, I was expecting another round of jogging before my cool down. That sure made my run today a lot easier. However, after cooldown, I was still a bit far from home and still had a lot of walking to do. When I got home, I was afraid to sit down for fear of not being able to get back up. PLEASE don't make me get back up.

Random Quote of the Day

Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago.

- Bernard Berenson (1865 - 1959)

No comments: