Friday, March 29, 2013

Easter in Minnesota


Word of the Day

Salmon Day - Spending an entire day swimming upstream only to get skewered and die in the end.


C25K Status Report

By the time I got home from church last night, both my legs had swelled up, hot and tight. At around 1 AM, I woke up in total pain. The weight of the covers was torture. The swelling on my legs had gone down but now BOTH knees were hurting, big time. With major effort, I hobbled to the bathroom, the medicine cabinet, grabbed the Advil, took some and barely made it back into bed. PAIN! OK. I woke up this morning and the Advil still seems to be working but I'm hobbling...slowly. My left knee isn't as bad as my right knee but I'm going to stay off my feet as much as possible today. I won't even be able to do yoga today because I'm pretty sure that if I get down on my mat, I won't be able to get back up. I've got a gun maintenance class on Saturday morning that I will attend. I have to be at church at 5:30 AM on Sunday. And so....until further notice there will be no more C25K for me. We'll see how I feel after I heal up, but, realistically, I think I'd better stick to walking. I'll power-walk during the jogging segments. But, first, I need to heal up.


***


I arrived at church last night at 6 PM. I was supposed to help set up the communion but the altar guild that served for the 2 PM service had already taken care of it. So, since I was supposed to run through the Easter Sunrise Service music with Val, I stuck around until Val and the choir had completed their practice. I was thinking about sneaking out to get a quick bite of supper because I knew it was going to be late before I got home. However, with my stomach feeling a bit iffy (pain in my knees and legs), I decided that skipping one meal wouldn't kill me...wait....I skipped lunch too but I still wasn't feeling too hungry. So, I just hung around and then ran through the music with Val. I was thankful that only one of the musical pieces that I'll be playing at 6 AM on Easter morning has six sharps and I've played that one before and even had a copy of it that I'd already marked. We ran through the music, and then Val told me that I probably shouldn't be trying to jog. At this point, I "thought" that I'd probably try jogging again on Saturday. And then, when I went up to communion during Maundy Thursday service, and bumped my knee on the way out of the pew, and then kneeled down to receive communion, and hobbled back to the pew afterwards, I started "thinking" again. And then, at the end of the service, the altar guild all went up to the altar while the pastors read verses from Psalms and we stripped everything from the altar. I'd never participated in this ceremonial stripping of the altar before Good Friday services. It was a very emotional event. I'm glad that I was able to participate in this. I was also happy when we'd finally finished cleaning up all the communion silver and we were able to head on home. Again, I was thinking about stopping at a McD's drive-thru for a quick bite to eat but by this time, it was past 8:30 PM. There is no way that I can eat that late and not wake up with major acid reflux. I didn't actually get home until 9 PM, so, after taking care of Kylee, I headed straight for bed. It's a good thing that I didn't eat anything because my stomach almost rebelled when I woke up to take those Advil at 1 AM.

My stomach is still a bit iffy this morning so I'm eating light and drinking LOTS of water today. I think I'll spend the day working on the Dr. Who scarf and reading....after I call Jan and tell her that I'm not going to yoga today.

Random Quote of the Day

All we actually have is our body and its muscles that allow us to be under our own power.

- Allegra Kent, Once a Dancer…



No comments: