Thursday, March 28, 2013

Sailing


Word of the Day

Sabotagical - To be so thoroughly entrenched in sabotage that it is as if one's whole essence is to sabotage.


C25K Status Report

I stretched before heading out on my run this morning. My poor knee forced me to slow down a bit on my speed. It took a full hour to recover after my run. My knees hurt. I'm told that this too will pass. We'll see. Meanwhile, I'm going to try to jog in the street when possible. My knees screamed every time I hit the cutout area for driveways. Also, there may be more give on the asphalt then on the concrete. I WILL jog again on Saturday morning. Meanwhile, the knee support that I purchased seems to work...somewhat. I encountered a couple walking this morning while I was "cooling down". I noted that the man was wearing knee braces. My neighbor thinks I'm crazy for even trying to jog, pointing out that I'm not young anymore. *sigh* Kylee and I completed Week 3 Day 2.

***


It's Maundy Thursday. I need to be at church tonight at 6:15PM as a member of the altar guild. We need to get the church ready for Good Friday services. So....no Big Bang Theory tonight. I guess Big Bang Theory won't be on anyway tonight. March Madness. Meanwhile, I'm not sure what I was thinking when I agreed to play my clarinet for sunrise service on Easter. Argh! I've got to run through the music with Val tomorrow.


Random Quote of the Day

Easy enough to dismiss others' problems when you had none of your own.

- Elizabeth Aston, The Exploits & Adventures of Miss Alethea Darcy, 2005

No comments: