Tuesday, March 12, 2013

4th of July Wonder



Word of the Day

Time hole - A device or seemingly harmless collection of objects, either real or digital, that absorb particles of time unless one is wary enough to keep a strong sense of time passed. Considering the low impact black holes have had toward life on Earth, time holes have shown far greater affects on life as we know it.


If this is Tuesday, we must be doing laundry. Actually, I'm doing quite a bit of laundry today since I'm washing all the sheets that I used to save my frost tender plants (a wasted effort). I don't think we'll be getting any more freezing temperatures until next year so it's time to wash, fold, and store these sheets away. It's supposed to get up into the 90's this week. I also have a bunch of tableclothes that needed washing. Done and did. Plus, I decided to wash all the sheets. So, I'll be washing and folding and putting away clothes for quite some time and making beds.

And, if that weren't enough, I decided to start Week One of the C25K Challenge. Although, yoga has helped tone muscles, I know that I need to do something in order to lose some weight. In a possibly futile hope that I won't have to buy new clothes for the Scotland/Ireland trip this summer, I decided to take up the take a leaf from #1 Son and #1 DIL's book and try this C25K Challenge thing (Couch to 5K). I've never been a jogger. I'm still not a jogger, but, I'm giving it a try.

C25K Status Report

The biggest challenge so far was to get off the couch, or in my case, off the recliner in the living room, firmly putting my laptop aside. The next challenge was to figure out how I could carry my one and only android device (a Kindle Fire) while jogging. The belly pack that I've used for garage sales seemed to work out great for this purpose and wasn't too awkward. Next? I discovered long ago that I can't wear ear buds. I have ear buds because they seem to come with every radio, Kindle, etc. that may require their use but they never fit in my ears. So, I dug out my noise cancelling earphones. These worked, somewhat, but I hate to imagine what my neighbors were thinking as Kylee and I jogged by...maybe I'll have to add a hat to my ensemble next time. But, regardless, I'm sure Kylee and I made quite an impression as we started our journey. I discovered before we even got started that I couldn't read the screen of my Kindle Fire in the sun so, I had to duck back into the house to start the C25K program on the my touch screen. Despite all challenges, Kylee, jogging and walking perfectly by my side, walked and jogged through Week 1, Day 1. I'm bringing water next time. Kylee didn't seem to need it but I did.

Random Quote of the Day

It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.

Charles Darwin (1809 - 1882)


No comments: