Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Hiking the Logging Road


Word of the Day

Tizite - Cool; Awesome; "tite" (tight).


C25K Status Report

It's taken a good fifteen minutes too cool down from my cool down from todays jog/run. Week 2, Day 1 felt like a b-word that rhymes with witch. I came home looking like I had a really bad sunburn. But...I did it. I survived, barely. Hopefully, my run on Thursday won't be so tiring. I REALLY need to remember to bring water with me....or maybe I'd better invest in some Gatoraid-type stuff. I am determined in at least getting a good cardio workout three times a week...even if I never actually achieve the goal of jogging a full 3 miles. I NEED to lose some weight and it looks like this is the only way to jumpstart my metabolism.


I went to Bingo on Sunday night. ARGH! I would have actually won one time but I missed a number. My view of the board was blocked. Oh well...I'm happy that my friend got a bingo for $75. So cool!

After church on Sunday, I picked up some yarn at Micheal's for a Dr. Who scarf. DD Daughter told me that she really wanted one so I decided to humor her. I found the pattern online and have started it. It's going to take a while to complete. It's at times like this that I wish I had one of those knitting machines.

The landscapers got here at 7:30 AM. They're working over at my neighbor's house right now. I told them to do her place first so I could get in my C25K jog in before they started on our place. I did my poo patrol yesterday so they wouldn't have to deal with hazardous waste.

Random Quote of the Day

Better be despised for too anxious apprehensions, than ruined by too confident security.

Edmund Burke (1729 - 1797)



No comments: