Thursday, March 14, 2013

Tammy and the Rocking Horse


Word of the Day

Tipsle - The act of leaning too far back on a chair, consequently falling over.


C25K Status Report

It was a little easier to get moving on my 5K challenge this morning. A little. My main motivation to get moving was the fact that our temperatures today are supposed to get up to the lower 90's. I'm going to have to start my run before the temperatures get too hot in the morning. Kylee and I took off on Week 1, Day 2, at around 8 AM this morning. We altered our route somewhat. The program tells you when you've reached the halfway point (at least right now). We headed out, navigating toward our community activity center (the clubhouse)and the halfway point was indicated when we had almost reached said clubhouse. We turned back toward home and reached within a few blocks of the back gate near our home when we were told that we had started our cool down. We were still about a block or so away from home when our program was complete. I regretted that I forgot to bring a bottle of water with me again. I wore a different pair of shoes this morning that were more jogging friendly than my MBT's. However, the shoelaces on my left shoe came undone. I'll have to remember to double-knot them next time. I also regretted that I didn't have any music to keep me moving. I have since downloaded to my Kindle Fire, some Queen music which I'm hoping will motivate me. Unfortunately, downloading music to my Kindle isn't easy....or maybe it's just that I'm technically challenged. I finally had to call the Kindle help techs to figure out what I was doing wrong. I still haven't totally figured it out but I do know that the next time I walk/jog, I'll have music. I hope.

Random Quote of the Day

I am here for a purpose and that purpose is to grow into a mountain, not to shrink to a grain of sand. Henceforth will I apply ALL my efforts to become the highest mountain of all and I will strain my potential until it cries for mercy.

Og Mandino (1923 - 1996)

No comments: