Monday, October 20, 2003

10 Days Before My Daughter's Wedding. Have faith! All will happen as it is supposed to happen...whatever that means. I've always felt, good or bad, things happen the way they are supposed to happen. And with that little gift of a piece of my belief structure, I will share a "funny" that was sent to me by my mother.

Raising teenagers is like nailing Jell-O to a tree.

There is always a lot to be thankful for, if you take the time to look.
For example, I'm sitting here thinking how nice it is that wrinkles don't hurt.

The best way to keep kids at home is to make a pleasant atmosphere - and let the air out of their tires.

Families are like fudge . . . mostly sweet, with a few nuts.

Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.

Middle age is when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy.

My mind not only wanders; sometimes it leaves completely.

If you can remain calm, you just don't have all the facts.

Sometimes it's better not to know all the facts.

If you don't believe in God, rest in the comfort that He still believes in you.

Today's Little Bit of Trivia

The origin of "God Bless You" is nothing to sneeze at. An old superstition had it that when someone sneezed, their soul momentarily left their body through the nostrils. This enabled the devil to creep in and prevent the return of the soul, but by saying "God Bless You" the devil was stopped cold from entering the body.

No comments: