Tuesday, October 28, 2003

2 Days Before My Daughter's Wedding.

The more nervous I feel, the calmer my husband is acting. You just want to hit someone like that.

I woke up this morning before sunrise. My son marches in the school band and he has what is called a zero hour class. That's a class that starts before school starts. That's a class that starts before the sun rises in the sky. He's been doing this for four years. Only this year he can drive so I don't have to take him. I still make sure I'm up to see him off though.

I made coffee and while sipping on my first cup of the day, I pondered all the things that I have on my TO DO list. Lots of stuff TO DO. I gazed outside at the rising sun and marveled at the beautiful red sunrise. How beautiful! And then it hit me. The fires in California. All those fires in California. I really have nothing in the world to complain about or worry about. We leave tomorrow for the wedding. Life is all about perspective. There's always going to be someone who is prettier, richer, younger, and happier then you. And there's always going to be someone who isn't. I woke up this morning and enjoyed a cup of coffee, listened to the birds singing, watched the ducks on the pond and marveled at a beautiful sunrise. And there are people dying in the Middle East. And California is burning. Thankfully my beautiful sunrise has more to do with some high clouds blowing in from the east and not from the smoke created by the many fires in California but it sure did stop and make me think.

Today's Little Bit of Trivia

A frog has to close its eyes in order to swallow.

No comments: