Sunday, October 12, 2003

We signed enough papers to give me writer's cramp. Wow! A whole book of papers! And we haven't even applied for the loan yet. I shudder to think about the paperwork that will generate. Those poor trees. Those poor, poor trees. I wonder how many trees had to lose their lives so I could sign my name to some incredibly boring documents so that Del Webb can protect their legal rear ends? I now have a 4" ring notebook full of papers. I'm sure there will be much more paperwork to be generated like octopus ink when the loan people gently drag us inward with their long suckered tentacles. Lovely bit of imagery? I could be wrong...but I doubt it.

Today's Little Bit of Trivia

The handshake is a friendly gesture today, but it originated in ancient times out of suspicion. Strangers shook hands to show that they were unarmed. And then lawyers took over and generated reams of paperwork for everyone to sign.

No comments: