Saturday, October 25, 2003

5 Days Before My Daughter's Wedding.

Just when things start looking like they just might settle down someone pulls another rabbit out of the hat. But it isn't always a rabbit. Again I'm reminded of Rocky and Bulliwinkle. I found out yesterday that my son has a science fair project. This is a major project. He has to have all his research books, an idea for an experiment with a hypothesis, and all this has to be written up and presented to the teacher by Monday. He's at the library now because he has to present a bibliography with real books, internet knowledge is not exceptable. Apparently the science fair project...the end result with the story boards etc. isn't due until February? So what do you think my first question to him was? "When did you get this assignment?" He got it two weeks ago...of course. I realize that he's been busy with band, SAT tests, college entrance applications and other projects like sleeping and enjoying his two week "break" but it sure would have been nice to know about this "little" project two weeks ago. This is typical though. I not really surprised. He's my youngest and I've gone through this sort of thing more often then I can say with my two daughters. I suppose I should be happy that we were notified of my daughter's plan to marry four months before the wedding even though most weddings take a year to plan. Oh well. We spent last night brainstorming and refining his science fair project so at least he'll know what books to look for when we take him to the library today. Something about bullet proof vests. Actually, my husband will be taking him to the library. I have to go to church for that practice. Never a dull moment.

Today's Little Bit of Trivia

Before 1859, baseball umpires sat behind home plate in rocking chairs. I added this little bit of trivia because of the World Series. I haven't been watching but I hear that the Marlins are beating N.Y.

No comments: