Tuesday, October 07, 2003

I normally try to post a blog on a daily basis. But I'm in Las Vegas right now. Sin City. I'm slaving away on the laptop right now writing this blog while I could be down gambling away my life savings. Poor me. OK. So I already gambled away my life savings (only kidding...I just gambled away half my life savings...OK...I gave up way before that) and now I can spend some quality time up in my room writing my blog. Anyone who thinks they can make a quick buck by gambling in Vegas is dilusional bordering on insane. There are support groups out there for those who think this way. I've heard countless accounts from people who claim that they hit it big out here but quite frankly I've never met anyone who has. I think most of these stories are kind of "fishy". Gambling and Fishing are kind of related in my mind. A good fisherman is always after that illusive big fish. A cronic gambler is always after that illusive pot of gold. Both can tell you tales that will awe and amaze you...if you believe them. Quite frankly, I'm awed and amazed even when I don't believe them. Did I ever tell you all about that fish I caught off the dock one year....it was bigger then the boat. It got away because I was all by myself and the fish was too big to fit into the landing net.

Today's Little Bit of Trivia

How much money can one errant mother gamble away in one evening at Sam's Town? I'll let you know.

No comments: