Saturday, October 18, 2003

12 Days Before My Daughter's Wedding Why don't people RSVP? Why do they think I sent those little self-addressed stamped envelopes? All they need to do is drop them in the mail with a yes or a no. I realize that people have busy lives. But at this point I don't even know if the father of the groom is going to come to the wedding. Should I order him a steak dinner anyway? What if he shows up? Where do I put him? Now some people called me, talked to me personally and told me that they were coming to the wedding. That's OK. That's just fine. I know. Some people called me and sent the RSVP anyway. I'm keeping the RSVP's for my daughter's memory box. So the burning question is: "How many steak dinners do I order for the reception? And how many chicken dinners?" I have to have a definite answer to this question next week. On a lighter note, a friend sent me the following "funny".

A Story With a Morale


THINK YOU'RE UNHAPPY?

Once upon a time, there was a 'nonconforming' sparrow who decided not to fly south for the winter. However, soon the weather turned so cold that he reluctantly started to fly south. In a short time ice began to form on his wings and he fell to earth in a barnyard, almost frozen.

A cow passed by and crapped on the little sparrow. The sparrow thought it was the end. But, the manure warmed him and defrosted his wings. Warm and happy, able to breathe, he started to sing.

Just then a large cat came by and hearing the chirping, investigated the sound. The cat cleared away the manure, found the chirping bird and promptly ate him.


~~~~~MORAL OF THE STORY~~~~~


1.) Everyone who shits on you is not necessarily your enemy.

2.) Everyone who gets you out of the shit is not necessarily your friend.

3.) And, if you're warm and happy in a pile of shit, keep your mouth shut.


Today's Little Bit of Trivia

In most cases, its cheaper to send a student to college than it is to keep a prisoner in jail. My son is graduating from high school in June. Save taxpayer money....send donations.

No comments: