Tuesday, October 21, 2003

9 Days Before My Daughter's Wedding. Today I take her out for the final fitting of her wedding gown. Final arrangements are being made for the bus to take everyone from the hotel in Las Vegas to where the wedding is being held and then back to where the reception is being held. The logistics of arranging for getting out-of-town guests from the airport to the hotel and back again are a complete nightmare. There used to be airport shuttles to take care of this sort of thing but apparently we can blame the September 11th terrorists for yet another change in our modern world. I'm an out-of-towner too but...I'm driving. The bride and groom are driving too. And so are most of their friends. Oh well, we did find a shuttle. Unfortunately, they charge an outrageous sum of money but....it's cheaper then renting a car. I think.

Today's Little Bit of Trivia

If you have at least 5/8 of a torn dollar bill, it can be redeemed at full value. Just don't try to stick it into one of the slot machines in Vegas. Actually, don't try to stick a brand new one or a really well worn one into one the of the slot machines either. The machines get confused and will usually reject them. I wonder how the machines will react to the new $20 bills? They really hated the new $100 bills when they first came out. Some of them still hate the not so new anymore $100 bills. Not that I go around sticking $100 bills into slot machines. I think I'd have a panic attack if I did that not to mention that my husband would probably kill me.

No comments: