Wednesday, October 01, 2003

It's truly amazing how much one needs to pay to get a wedding dress altered. Wow! If I wasn't so afraid of my sewing machine and if I wasn't almost positive I'd ruin the dress, I'd alter the thing myself. Unfortunately, I'm just not that good at this sort of thing. Fortunately, I did find someone who does seem to know what she's doing. I now can sit back and let someone else worry about the wedding dress. All I have to do is bring my daughter back in for a final fitting in a couple of weeks and then pick the dress up a few days before the wedding. I can now pat myself on the back, being careful not to break my arm because who wants to go to their daughter's wedding with an arm in a cast, because I am smart enough to know my limitations...and I got the dress on sale (Sherry's Bridal in Wisconsin) so the cost of the alterations on top of the cost of the dress is still less then what I would have paid for the least expensive dress (cost of alterations not included) in the Bride To Be store where I'm having the alterations done. And to top that off I still get to retain my sanity. Yeah me! I was feeling so good about everything that I bought one of those cute ring-bearers pillows for our ring-bearer to use and a petticoat for my daughter to wear under her gown. The garters I made were way cuter then anything that the shop carried. I do have some talents. Sewing just isn't one of them.

Today's Little Bit of Trivia

Researchers have found that, on the left hand, the ring finger is longer than the index finger in only three out of ten women, but in six of ten men the ring finger wins hands down. Mmmm. Actually, I think mine are the same size so I must be in the majority.

No comments: