Thursday, October 23, 2003

7 Days Before My Daughter's Wedding. I called the bridal gown shop yesterday morning and after convincing the manager of the bridal gown place where my daughter's gown was to be altered that my daughter had not brought in a burgundy gown to be altered but a full length traditional wedding gown, I was relieved to discover that my daughter's gown had indeed been altered. So with confidence I brought my daughter over there and surprise, surprise, it had been altered. And it looked very nice. They did not ruin the gown. Now if they can just hang on to it and not lose it, I can go pick it up on Monday. I shall keep my fingers and toes crossed. Toe crossing isn't very good for your feet. Maybe I'll just cross my fingers.

I feel really good about how much I did today. I went over with my husband to the eye doctor and then I tortured him by forcing him to sit in the passenger seat while I drove him on several small errands. I had to get replacement batteries in three of my watches. All three of those watches died at the same time. Since I want to wear one of those watches for the wedding I thought I'd better take care of the problem as soon as possible. I had two coupons. I was able to get two watches fixed with new batteries at one jewelry store for $5. And then I brought the other watch over to another jewelry store and got that one fixed for $2. Meantime, my husband looked a bit like a drugged out zombie with his dilated eyes.

I was just about to relent and take him home when the cellphone rang. My daughter, had locked her keys in her car along with her "purse". She needed us to go over to her apartment and get her spare set from her fiance and bring it to her clear across town. During rush hour traffic. I told my husband to close his still dilated eyes and relax and to keep his mouth shut. He has a real problem with that part. Keeping his mouth shut. It's not like I'm a horrible driver. I just drive a little differently then he drives. I close my eyes and zone out when he drives because he drives differently then I drive. He doesn't like to be driven because he's likes to be in control. I don't like to be driven because I like to be in control but I'm a bit more flexible.

Today's Little Bit of Trivia

Vincent van Gogh didn't begin to draw until he was 27. I'm still going to take that painting class. And the stained glass class too.

No comments: