Monday, October 13, 2003

I am truly getting old. The majority of people out there are starting to look like....my kids. I've noticed this before but it's starting to bug me. I went with my husband and my son to have them measured for their tuxedo's for the wedding. Men's Warehouse. They were our best bet because the wedding is being held in Vegas, some of the wedding party is coming from Florida, and the rest is coming from Arizona. They were willing to measure everyone at the various computer connected stores across our nation and then have the finished rental product ready for pick up in Las Vegas on the day before the wedding. And then we can return the same rental product in Las Vegas the next day. Anyway, I was shocked at the age of the kids (young men who looked about the same age as my 17 year old son) who were taking the measurements for my husband and my son. They looked really really young. I hope to heck they knew what they were doing. I'll let you know how things go after the wedding. All I can tell you is that they've told me that everyone has now been measured for the wedding. Let's all pray that all the tuxedo's end up at the same store (the correct store), at the same date and time (the correct date and time), and in the correct colors, styles, and sizes.

Something always goes wrong at every wedding that I've ever heard of. My husband's car broke down on the way to our wedding. Our organist managed to contract pneumonia and we had to get a last minute replacement and the priest was late. Someone in the wedding party passed out at my sister's wedding. The bride passed out at my brother-in-law's wedding. I've never heard of one married person who can't tell you about one harrowing incident that happened at their wedding. All that's gone wrong for this wedding so far is that the Jordan Almonds got stopped at the Canadian/United States border. They were searched, dumped out of their packages, and who knows what else, before they continued on their messed up way to my house. More Jordan Almonds have been sent and are currently on their merry way to replace the first. According to Tracking, they are currently being searched by custom's agents in Michigan as we speak. Apparently, Jordan Almonds are very dangerous. I expect I've been added to some secret government list of people with terrorist ties. I pray that this is the worst to happen because quite frankly, I don't think anyone will notice if I have little tulle bags of Jordan Almonds or not. I better check up on the D.J. again. I think people will notice if he doesn't show up. I got the placecards done! I wonder how many people will show up who never RSVP'd?

Today's Little Bit of Trivia

A peanut is not a nut. It is a legume. Apparently, Jordan Almonds may not be almonds. I wonder who tasted one to make sure? How many had to be tasted? I may have been smuggling gold and silver shaped like almonds. And what about those white ones?

No comments: