Monday, January 05, 2004

As usual, I sit in blank silence, staring at this screen, waiting for a writing idea to hit me. I made the marmalade. I decided to stick with a usual name for an unusual marmalade. Tangelo/Lemon Marmalade and Pineapple Tangelo/Lemon Marmalade. I tasted it and it was good.

I started the morning with a call from our security gate. Our house painters had arrived. At 6:30 AM. It was still dark. I don't know why they felt compelled to arrive in the dark. They didn't start work until the sun came up. Oh well, I was planning on getting up anyway and I made all of the Tangelo/Lemon Marmalade and a batch of the Pineapple Tangelo/Lemon Marmalade before my husband wanted me to start breakfast. Let's not get stupid. I made my coffee first thing...after I finished up the mug that was leftover from the day before. Waste not, want not.

My son-in-law has his new teeth. I won't go there. The very thought of having all the teeth ripped from my mouth at one sitting while only under the influence of novacaine and laughing gas....well...I won't go there. He did. Today. I haven't seen him yet with his new teeth. My daughter says that he was very happy, and sleeping.

Today's Little Bit of Trivia

It takes .05 seconds for a human muscle to respond to stimulus.

It takes .06 seconds for an automobile airbag to fully inflate.

It takes .2 seconds for the International Space Station to travel 1 mile.

It takes .46 seconds for a 90 mph fastball to reach home plate.

It takes .6 seconds for an adult to walk one step.



No comments: