Wednesday, January 07, 2004

They're almost done painting my house. One more day. At least the windows aren't all sealed off anymore. I expect I'll get a letter in the mail really soon from the HOA about the paint trailer that's been parked in front of my house for the last few days. By the time I get it, the trailer will be gone.
The next thing on the list for selling this house is the windows. I've scheduled the window cleaners for next week. I'm also interviewing house cleaners. I need to have someone CLEAN the house. I can clean the house. I need someone to CLEAN the house. There is a difference. The showers (which I don't use) need to be scrubbed with industrial strength cleaners that will eat the lining out of your lungs. The floors need to be scrubbed. The woodwork in the kitchen needs to be scrubbed. The whole place needs to be dusted too. After this is done, I can call the realtor. Then I have another whole list of stuff that needs to be done. I pretty much have this list memorized by now. This isn't the first house that I've sold. It probably won't be the last.

I really need to get these Christmas decorations put away. Before my Mother's birthday. I think I'm pushing the 12 Days of Christmas a bit. I haven't had anyone offer to help me yet. I guess it's up to me again. Where does everyone disappear to when the house needs decorating or undecorating? Come to think of it, where does everyone go when the house needs cleaning?

Today's Little Bit of Trivia

It takes 58 seconds for the elevator in Toronto's CN Tower to reach the top (1,815 feet)

It takes 1 minute for a newborn baby's brain to grow 1.5 mg.

It takes 45 minutes to reach an actual person when calling the IRS during tax time.

It took 4 hours for the Titanic to sink after it struck the iceberg.

It takes 4 hours and 30 minutes to cook a 20# turkey at 325°F.

It takes 92 hours to read both the Old and New Testaments aloud.

It takes 96 hours to completely recover from jet lag.

No comments: