Sunday, January 04, 2004

We've got a roof. They've put the roof on the new house. At this rate the house will be finished a long time before the April closing date that we want. We haven't even talked to a realtor about selling this house. We walked through the new home today. My husband documented the contruction with our digital camera. We already can see where there may be a few problems. It will be interesting to see how tactfully we can get these problems fixed and how soon. One whole doorway was missing. This they can fix since we're just at framing stage but I don't know what they're going to do about the water pipe that they set into the concrete slab and which will take a good 4 " away from our office room when the drywall has to be put up. This water pipe is for the hosebib for the outside! What is it doing leaning so far into the room? I don't want to think about the fact that this is also exactly where all the electrical and phone lines are supposed to be placed. I'm afraid our new computer room/office is going to be vulnerable to any and all electrical storms in the area. I won't share the many choice words my husband had to say about this situation. I'm putting my computer in the bedroom...but that's what was on the plan from the start.

Today's Little Bit of Trivia

There is no sound in space. That's because sound has to travel as a vibration in some material such as air or water or even stone. Since space is essentially empty, it cannot carry sound, at least not the sort of sound that we are used to.

No comments: