Friday, January 23, 2004

It's funny how you only see the little things that are wrong with your house when you are ready to have the realtor come out and talk to you about selling. How did those floorboards get so dirty? Didn't I just dust yesterday? Where did those fingerprints on the light switches come from? That tablecloth has seen better days...maybe I need to get a new one. Maybe I should just show the house without the tablecloth. Dog hair! There's dog hair everywhere! I just swept that floor! This house will never sell! It will. I know I go through this same feeling of inadequecy every single time I sell a house. All my houses have sold. This house will sell too.

Today's Little Bit of Trivia

Little Known Words

Pismire An Ant

Valgus Bowlegged or knockkneed

Xystus An indoor porch for exercising in winter

Jumentous Having a strong animal smell

Saprostomous Having bad breath

I'm not sure if it is better to tell someone that he is jumentous or if he is saprostomous. I figure that he wouldn't know what you were talking about so you could get away with either without getting punched in the nose. But if you were punched in the nose you wouldn't have to worry about either one because you wouldn't be smelling anything for a while.

No comments: