Thursday, January 29, 2004

I almost didn't get to blog today. My internet has been "off". I don't know why my internet wasn't working. I hate to think that it may have been anything to do with anything I may have written in my blog about.... I also noticed that my comment section isn't working. Again. Sorry. Those who know me know how to contact me.

It's my Dad's birthday today! Happy Birthday Dad! Happy Birthday to You, Happy Birthday to You, Happy Birthday Dear Dad, Happy Birthday to You. I bet he thought I'd forget.

My house is clean...kind of. I actually ended up having to clean up after my cleaners because they didn't do all that great of a job. I also went ahead and hired someone else who I think will do a better job to clean the house...in a couple of weeks. In the meantime, I'll bite the bullet and clean the house myself with the help of my husband and son. Poor husband and son.

Today's Little Bit of Trivia

Plastic wrap was invented by accident in 1933. Ralph Wiley, a researcher at Dow Chemical, was washing his lab equipment at the end of the day and found that a thin plastic film coating the inside of one vial wasn't coming off. The stuff was polyvinylidene chloride, and after further experimentation, Wiley found that the stuff was clingy, resisted chemicals, and was impervious to air and water. It was so tough, in fact, that he wanted to call it "eonite", after an imaginary indestructible substance in the Little Orphan Annie comic strip. Dow decided to call it Saran Wrap instead.

* I don't make these things up. I read the above bit of trivia almost word for word from Uncle John's Unstoppable Bathroom Reader.

No comments: