Sunday, January 25, 2004

I know I haven't blogged today but I've done just about everything else. I went to church and practiced with the orchestra for over an hour. I went to the new house to prepare for the walk-thru tomorrow afternoon. I packed up a bunch more stuff to send over to my daughter's place...and it's over there right now. I moved all the liquor from the liquor cabinet to the server and all the table linens from the server to the liquor cabinet which we moved to our bedroom.

Where did we get all this liquor? I know that I've asked this question before. And how many bottles of Creme de Menthe does one person need? I noticed that I was still dusting off liquor from my college days. Do I need to tell you that that was a long, long time ago? What is the expiration date on this stuff? I threw away ten bottles of assorted liquor (dibs and dabs of 1/4"-1/2" left in a bottle...and some stuff just looked yucky) but I couldn't throw away all of the liquor. I have an unstarted bottle of Johnnie Walker, Black Label...still in its original box. Needless to say, I'm not fond of the stuff but someone just may want some...someday. Just because that day hasn't arrived yet is no excuse to waste the stuff. I'm sure it was expensive. I'm also sure that someone gave it to us as a gift. One doesn't throw away gifts. I guess I'll have to have a party someday and make sure someone out there likes the stuff. It tastes like old car tires to me but who am I to say. I like gin. I'm told that gin tastes like pine trees. So sue me, I'd rather suck on a pine tree then an old tire. I kept my Tanqueray Gin. I kept the Pepper Vodka for my Bloody Mary's and I kept the tequila and the margarita mix. I kept the Amaretto and such too...and the wine and the champagne. We just don't drink all that much or often. Someday someone is going to blow the dust off of one of my bottles of champagne or wine (after I've passed to my reward) and make a fortune selling that bottle (or those bottles). A genuine bottle of Millenium champagne! OMG! Happy Meal toys and Beanie Babies too!

Today's Little Bit of Trivia

For the last time...Little Known Vocabulary Words

Anisognathous Having the upper and lower teeth unlike

Whipjack A beggar pretending to have been shipwrecked

Spodogenous Pertaining to or due to the presence of wate matter

Crapandina A mineral such as toadstone or bufonite said to have healing properties

Galligaskin Baggy trousers

Well that's the end of that crapadina.

No comments: