Thursday, January 08, 2004

I would have packed away all my Christmas decorations by now if it weren't for the fact that we'll be moving. I did pack away the tree this morning. I'll tackle the snowglobes tomorrow. I have a lot of snowglobes. There's a good possibility that I have too many by now. I collect the things and I add a new one to my collection every Christmas. I have Easter snowglobes and Halloween snowglobes too. Yes, I have seen snow at Easter and Halloween so I can justify my purchases. Actually, the Halloween snowglobes don't have snow. They have bats. And the Easter snowglobes have glitter. I have some frog snowglobes too. Glitter. I collect frogs too. Lots and lots of frogs. A frog snowglobe is a cross-collectible. Since we're going to be moving, I have to pack the "snowglobes" a little more carefully for a move then if I were to pack them away in the closet for a year. Afterall, if I do this the right way, I won't have to unpack them until Christmas 2004, in our new home.

My husband (the engineer) wants me to give all the packing boxes a 3-digit code with all the contents of each box listed on a spreadsheet. This is supposed to simplify things for me. Sharpie markers have always worked in the past. They've worked for our moves from Minnesota to Arizona, Arizona to Arizona, Arizona to Oregon, Oregon to Arizona, and Arizona to Arizona. I've never lost a thing! I know where everything is and where everything goes for the most part. I tried to tell him that it would be better to just write what is in each box on the packing box and where the contents came from with a sharpie marker. He wants me to make a computerized spreadsheet. I think my earlier moves when he was still working were a lot easier. I'm afraid packing is going to take twice as long doing it his way. But, I'm told that I'll thank him for this...eventually. I'm going to compromise. I'm going to use my system and he can stick his 3-digit numbers wherever he wants as long as he doesn't get in my way.

Today's Little Bit of Trivia

It took 6 days, according to the Bible, to create the universe.

It takes 7 days for a newborn baby to wet or soil 80 diapers.

It takes 19 days until baby cardinals make their first flight.

It took 25 days for Handel to compose "The Messiah".

There are 29 days, 12 hours, 44 minutes, and 3 seconds, from a new moon to a new moon.

It takes 30 days for a human hair to grow half an inch.

It takes 35 days for a mouse to reach sexual maturity.

It takes 38 days for a slow boat to get to China (from New York).

No comments: