Tuesday, January 06, 2004

I'm not really claustrophobic. I'm not fond of elevators but I do get in them and use them on a fairly regular basis. I know that if we're only talking about a couple or three floors, I'll use the stairs if there are stairs available or an escalator. I'm not fond of escalators either. All those disappearing stairs. When do you make that step on or off? I'm not too fond of planes either. You can't open the windows. I usually end up turning those little tiny adjustable air thingies up full on my face. It might get a bit cold up there when the plane levels out at its top altitude but that's what those tiny airplane blankets are for or maybe you all should have worn a sweater like I did. I hated it when public buses came out with windows that couldn't be opened. I remember taking the bus, getting off halfway so I could breath and then catching the next available bus on the line going to my destination. I'm not claustrophobic. I just like to be able to breath. Fresh air. I don't like driving in the car if the heater is on. The hot air seems to suck all the oxygen right out of the car. If I can get away with it, I crack open a window when no-one is looking. So what if it's snowing outside. Good thing I live in Arizona during the winter months. Anyway, I'm not claustrophic. Our house is being painted today. Gradually, the painters are taping off all the windows with plastic and tape. I've had to turn on the lights. It's looking a bit dark in here. But that's OK, because I'm not claustrophobic. But I sure will be glad when they take the plastic off the windows and the sliding glass doors. The dogs want to go out for a walk and I can't get out.

Today's Little Bit of Trivia

It takes 1 second for a hummingbird's wings to beat 70 times.

It takes 1.25 seconds for light to travel from the moon to Earth.

It takes 3 seconds for 475 lawsuits to be filed around the world.

It takes 4 seconds for 3,000,000 gallons of water to flow over Niagara Falls.

It takes 10 seconds for 50 people to be born.

It takes 20 seconds for a fast talker to say 100 words.

No comments: