Sunday, January 11, 2004

I've decided that I've really got to do a better job at reading my emails. Don't get me wrong. I read every single email that comes my way. OK. Not the Spam, but that doesn't count. I don't read the junk mail that comes in the snail mail box either. But I really need to READ my incoming emails better. The emails that count. If I'd read the email that the contemporary group leader had sent a little better, I would have known that she'd changed the time of our rehearsal from 7:45 AM this morning to 10:30 AM this morning. I wouldn't have had to get up so early. I wouldn't have had to drag my son out of bed so early. I wouldn't have had to drive to church so early. I wouldn't have encountered an empty, darkened practice room so early this morning. I could have had another few cups of coffee. I'm sure my son will eventually forgive me for dragging him from his warm bed at such an early hour. Eventually. I bet he makes sure that I have the correct time the next time I drag him out of bed in the morning. Our rehearsals are always at 7:45 AM on the Sunday before the Sunday that we perform. Or at least that's the way it has always been since I've been playing with this group. When I saw the email that she sent, I just assumed that she was reminding us all that we had a rehearsal this morning. When I got back home this morning at 8:15 AM, I re-read the email that she had sent...last year. December 28th. Yes, I'm really going to have to read my emails better. This year I will and I think I'd better throw that word "assume" out the window too.

Today's Little Bit of Trivia

25 years equals the time the average American spends asleep in a lifetime.

No comments: