Sunday, May 30, 2004

12 Days Before We Head to Wisconsin

There are so many things that I should be doing in the coming days. I don't really feel like doing most of them. It's called procrastination. I'm pretty good at procrastination. HTP is a lot better at it then I am. I imagine that he'll start packing the morning that we're supposed to be leaving. I'll pack up my personal bag the night before but I'll start packing seriously when the countdown hits 7 days.

It won't be easy to live with me on those last seven days, especially if I don't see others working toward the desired goal. Nothing makes me madder then to see people sitting around doing nothing...or sitting in front of computers, surfing or chatting, when they should be doing something else like pack. The best policy to adopt in the days preceeding such an event is to make sure that I don't see you or hear you doing anything that is counterproductive. In otherwords, STAY OUT OF SIGHT! But if I find that things aren't done that others are supposed to be doing, WATCH OUT!

I'm in charge of making sure that my stuff is packed and all the stuff that the family will be needing this summer is packed(in general, not including technical computer type stuff), and all the stuff that I need to bring to various people is packed. I am not responsible for making sure that HTP's stuff is packed or #1 son's stuff is packed (repacked) or anything remotely connected to computers aside from my own passwords and blog materials. So I have only three rules that should probably be followed in order to maintain peace and harmony once the countdown to Wisconsin reaches seven days.

1. Stay out of sight and hearing especially if you aren't doing something to accomplish THE GOAL.
2. Make sure that you are doing something to accomplish THE GOAL, especially if you are within sight and hearing.
3. Don't place any obstructions in my way while I'm trying to accomplish THE GOAL.

Murphyism of the Day

Gillette's Law of Telephone Dynamics

The phone call you've been waiting for comes the minute you're out the door.

Frank's Phone Phenomena

If you have a pen, there's no paper.
If you have paper, there's no pen.
If you have both, there's no message.

Old Grey Frog's Corollary on Frank's Phone Phenomena

If you have a pen and paper, there is no ink in the pen.
If you have a pencil and paper, the lead in the pencil will break as soon as someone tries to use it.
The eraser on the end of the pencil you were able to find never works.
Any paper that you find to use was very important and should never have been used...but you won't find this out until you have used it.

Today's Little Bit of Trivia

As a gimmick for an upcoming TV special, producers asked scientists at Carnegie Mellon University for a way to measure a snake's squeezing power. Connected to a laptop computer, a quarter-sized device (contrict-o-meter) was put between a Burmese python and its prey--a frozen 10-pound rabbit. The results: About 12 pounds per square inch.



No comments: