Friday, May 28, 2004

14 Days Before We Head to Wisconsin

Only two weeks now and we'll be on the road to Wisconsin. My thermometer tells me that the temperature outside is 100°F. Since I was just outside, I know that that temperature reading can't be accurate. The sensor must be in the sun. The temperature today will probably reach 100°F today but not yet. I yearn for the cooler temperatures of Wisconsin but know that it won't be long before you hear the familiar complaints of rain, mosquitoes, woodticks, and humidity.

Today is #1 son's last day of high school...and the first day of the rest of his life. So many changes in store for him. He'll be a Wisconsin resident, he's an official adult...but he can't drink, he'll be registering for the first of the classes that he'll be taking at the University of Minnesota, and he'll be saying goodbye to all the friends that he's made while here in Arizona. Good thing there's internet. I'm sure that he'll be "chatting" with his friends as soon as he gets his system set up in the wild forest of The Lake.

Murphyism of the Day

Laws of Gardening

1. Other people's tools work only in other people's gardens.
2. Fancy gizmos don't work.
3. If nobody uses it, there's a reason.
4. You get the most of what you need the least.

Today's Little Bit of Trivia

"The World's Largest Wind Chime" has been removed from Lakeside, California,because locals said it was too loud.

I'm surprised that I haven't heard complaints about my windchime collection at The Lake. This reminds me that I need to add windchime to my list of items to bring to The Lake. Every year I add a windchime to my collection up there. I have a surplus of windchimes here in Arizona but I plan to buy a brand new windchime to add to my collection in Wisconsin. A proper commemoration of our official new residency status.

No comments: