Tuesday, May 11, 2004

31 Days Before We Head to Wisconsin

All my bags are packed and I'm ready to go but not to Wisconsin. Not yet. I still have 31 more days to get ready for that. I'm eager to get to Las Vegas. We plan to have dinner with my parents. And I've been practicing my video poker skills.

I haven't seen any more scorpions. Maybe it was a fluke. A fluke scorpion. If I see anymore I'll try to restrain my killer instinct long enough to take a picture.

Murphyism of the Day

Issawi's Laws of Progress

In the course of progress, most things get steadily worse.

In the path of progress, a shortcut is the longest distance between two points.

In the dialectics of progress, direct action produces direct reaction.

In the pace of progress, society is a mule, not a car. If pressed too hard, it will kick and throw off its rider.

Today's Little Bit of Trivia

Charles I ruled England from 1625 to 1649. According to legend, he had a lucky black cat. As civil war ripped the country, Charles became so convinced that his cat kept him safe, he assigned guards to watch it. Strangely enough, only one day after the black cat died, Charles was arrested and eventually sentenced to death by beheading.

No comments: