Saturday, May 08, 2004

34 Days Before We Head to Wisconsin

I walked to the clubhouse today with my little black and tan chihuahua. It's about a mile from our house to the clubhouse. I knew that my other little chihuahua would have dragged her feet the entire way and wouldn't have talked to me for a week if I took her along on our trek. She doesn't like to walk and I refuse to carry, though I did carry the other chihuahua when I went inside the clubhouse. The walk to the clubhouse wasn't too bad. I was a bit concerned because I didn't think to bring water for my dog but she was fine and even refused water when I offered it to her at the clubhouse.

I signed HTP and me up for the "orientation" session that is being held in two weeks. I wonder what one wears to one of these sessions. We get our pictures taken for our ID cards so I suppose I'd better not drag in with my gardening clothes. I also found out that #1 son and I can drop by anytime to use the exercise machines. No classes necessary. Everyone had to comment on how cute my little black and tan monster was. I was holding her so of course she was behaving herself. She pretended that she wasn't there. How rude!

Tonight is #1 son's school prom. It's going to be held at the zoo. That should be an interesting experience. I plan to take lots of preprom pictures of #1 son in his tuxedo along with his date for the evening.

Murphyism of the Day

Kranske's Law

Beware of a day in which you don't have something to bitch about.

Corollaries

1. If you explain so clearly that nobody can misunderstand, somebody will.
2. If you do something which you are sure will meet with everyone's approval, somebody won't like it.
3. Procedures devised to implement the purpose won't quite work.

Today's Little Bit of Trivia

The ancient Egyptians began worshiping a cat-headed goddess called Bast more than 5,000 years ago. Her name means "devouring lady" and she was worshiped in the temples throughout Egypt--especially on October 31st, Bast's Feast Day. Bast was said to be the daughter of the sun god Ra, and was associated with the moon, music, dancing, motherhood--and violent vegeance. In the Egyptian Book of the Dead she was said to have destroyed the bodies of the the deceased with her "royal flame" if they failed entry tests for the underworld. OUr of respect for Bast, it became an honor to stage expensive funerals for cats, during which gold and gem-studded cat figurines were buried along with the mummified body of the deceased kitty.

No comments: