Friday, May 21, 2004

21 Days Before We Head to Wisconsin

Only three more weeks before we're supposed to be on the road again. I've never driven a car towing a trailer before. I'm sure it will be an interesting experience. As will, packing a twelve foot trailer. I love driving. I'm not sure I'll like driving combined with towing, especially when we hit the high wind areas.

I spent the morning fixing my front landscape. It's easier for the growers/landscapers to stake the trees tightly to one sturdy stake. This isn't the best thing for the tree. I equate it to someone who broke their leg and had to wear a cast. When you take the cast off the leg isn't as strong as it need to become. You have to go into therapy to strengthen the leg. I removed the "casts" from my two trees in front, but they aren't strong enough to stand on their own as yet. They are now going through "therapy". I provided them each with two new stakes that will allow them to sway in the wind so their trunks can develop properly. I also trimmed off some of their lower foliage. The goal is to train them to grow tall. I've never been fond of "popsickle" trees.

Murphyism of the Day

The Unspeakable Law

As soon as you mention something,
-if it's good, it goes away.
-if it's bad, it happens.

Non-Reciprocal Laws of Expectations

Negative expectations yield negative results.
Postive expectations yield negative results.

Law of Regressive Achievement

Last year's was always better.

Today's Little Bit of Trivia

A tortoise that cracked its shell falling from a second-floor window was successfully glued back together. Other superglued animals: racing pigeons have had their feathers glued together for better aerodynamics, fish have had their fins reattached, and horses have had their split hooves mended.

No comments: