Friday, May 14, 2004

28 Days Before We Head to Wisconsin

All my bags are packed I'm ready to go....home. As I suspected, I get tired of Vegas after about three days. It's a fun place to visit but I'm ready to go home now. I packed last night. I don't like packing in the morning when I haven't even had a cup of coffee. I'm not very efficient in the morning until I've had time to wake up. If I pack in the morning, I usually forget something or end up packing the very thing I need in the most unaccessable spot so I'll have to unpack everything in order to get it. Anyway, we're leaving right after HTP gets up, gets ready, gets packed, and after we have breakfast. HTP always makes fun of me because I have to get packed the night before. But I'm all packed and ready so I can go downstairs and play and get a cup of coffee while leaving him all by himself to get ready and get packed. There's this nice litte kiosk in the park that sells a really good cafe latte. I'll finish this blog when we get back home.

*****

After a long drive home...there is no getting around the fact that the trip to Vegas and the trip from Vegas still takes six hours by car...each way, I can now sit down at the computer to finish this blog. There is no getting around the fact that it is faster to drive to Vegas from Phoenix then to fly to Vegas these days what with having to arrive at the airport two hours before your flight, checking your baggage, security checks (body cavity searches), the actual flight, finding your checked baggage, and getting a rental vehicle. That's OK. I like to drive. I'm not fond of being cooped up in a climate-controled vehicle with all kinds of sick people for any stretch of time. I don't even like elevators.

Murphyism of the Day

Simon's Law

Everything put together falls apart sooner or later.

George's Law

All pluses have their minuses.

Aristotle's Dictum

One should always prefer the probable impossible to the improbable impossible.

Today's Little Bit of Trivia

Superglue is so strong that a single square-inch bond can lift a ton of weight. (Yet I still can't fix my glasses with the stupid stuff)

No comments: